JBS is the world’s largest protein company. We process, prepare, package and deliver Beef, Pork and Poultry products in more than a 105 countries and in 6 continents. We value diversity, strive to be the best in all we do, and are committed to providing a better future for our team members.
To learn more about our company and purpose please visit: https://jbsfoodsgroup.com/our-purpose/culture
Our Internship and Trainee Programs have been designed for people who are ready to grow their industry knowledge, find a long term career, and pursue their passion. If you’re ready to lead and feed the world, apply now!
What to Expect:
- 10 weeks of challenging, hands-on, real-life work experience
- A production facility environment with some opportunities in a corporate environment
- To be mentor and coached by a cultural ambassador and technical expert within your facility
- Interaction with our company’s senior leadership team (BU presidents)
- To build long lasting industry relationships with company leaders and other interns
- Rotations through various departments and business functions
Length of Program: 10 weeks
Start Date: May 23rd, 2022
What To Expect:
- Projects- Challenging goals with key performance indicators (KPI’s) that impact our bottom line. Your goals will tie directly into department/plant objectives.
- Leadership Training- Three sessions at our headquarters in beautiful Colorado where you will learn from executives, managers and innovative leaders throughout the organization.
- Supervise a Team- When you’re ready, we will be asking you to supervise a department and share ideas on how we can improve our processes.
- Final Placement- In the last four months, we are intentional about providing hands-on training in an area of interest for a full time position.
Length of Program: 8-12 months
Start Date(s): January 10th , 2022 & June 20th, 2022
5 Reasons to Work for JBS
- We FEED THE WORLD!
- We lead through our Values, driving a strong People-First Culture
- It’s in our DNA to create the opportunity of a better future for ALL our team members
- We are passionately determined to be the BEST in everything we do, while building the BEST team in the industry
- We have a high performance, competitive mindset; constantly focused on continuous improvement and innovation
How Do You Prepare?
- Leadership and/or Agriculture experience
- NOT A historical document, but a marketing tool. Tailor your resume to the job description
- Objective statement not needed. Instead include a “qualifications section” highlighting why you’d be a great fit for the role!
- One page in length
- Clean lines, bullets, not extensive paragraphs
- Review JBS Values and Mission
- Think of your strengths and weaknesses (to include what you are doing to improve)
- Practice some commonly asked interview questions with friends
- Try to think through times when you persevered, your greatest accomplishment and where you’d see yourself in 3-5 years.
- Phone Screen with Talent Development Manager
- Selection Committee – Virtually through Microsoft Teams. Will have a panel of leaders from the plant or corporate excited to see you virtually and get to know you better
Meet The Team
Head of Talent Development
Time with JBS: 3.5 years
Education: Bachelors of Science in Organization and Innovation Management
What’s your favorite part of working for JBS? I love working at a company who is committed to excellence in everything they do. Leaders, individuals, and teams are empowered to make meaningful decisions on behalf of the business on a daily basis. Every job matters, every job has a high degree of responsibility, every member of the team provides value, and every professional is empowered to shape their career.
Talent Development Manager: Pork, Wild Fork Foods, Plumrose, Corporate
Time with JBS: 4 years
Education: Bachelors of Science in Business Management
What’s your favorite part of working for JBS? My favorite part of working for JBS is the people and the opportunities the company has to offer. I’m grateful to be part of such an amazing team that has pushed me to be a better person professionally and personally!
Talent Development Manager: Pilgrim’s- Retail and Big Bird Debone
Time with JBS: 2.5 years
Education: Bachelors of Science in Animal Science- Production Management with Minor in Poultry Science
What’s your favorite part of working for JBS? My favorite part of working for JBS/Pilgrim’s is how passionate everyone is about caring for each other and feeding the world. This company doesn’t hide what it’s about. We put our people, values, and sustainability at the forefront of our decisions, and that feels like a winning combination to me!
Talent Development Manager: Pilgrim’s- Prepared, Fresh, and Small Bird Debone
Time with JBS: 3.5 years
Education: Bachelors of Arts in Communication and Human Connection
Master of Arts- Communication
What’s your favorite part of working for JBS? I love working for a company that truly makes a difference. We are feeding the nation and what we do on a daily basis has an impact on the world. Have loved my experience with this organization and appreciate the focus that we put on our people.
Education: Master of Science in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
What’s your favorite part of working for JBS? I was really drawn to JBS based on their mission, values, and overall people first approach. My favorite part about working for JBS is working for a company that provides many opportunities to a variety of individuals in different stages of life. JBS truly places great importance on their greatest asset, their employees.
Talent Development Coordinator
Time with JBS: 6.5 years
Education: Associates of Liberal Arts
What’s your favorite part of working for JBS? My favorite part of working for JBS is the people and the immense diversity of the company. As well as knowing I am contributing to an exciting industry. Since the beginning of my career with JBS I’m constantly motivated to grow and do my part to help others.