At JBS we have a strong desire to be a company that is focused on sustainability for the improvement of our world today and the generations to come. We believe sustainability involves continuously improving social responsibility, economic viability, and environmental stewardship. Our earth’s population is forecasted to grow to 10 billion people by 2050. That means a needed increase of food production by 70%. With this increase in demand, we need to be careful to protect our environment and the footprint we leave behind. So, how are we helping achieve sustainability?
- 17% – Reduced greenhouse gases and electricity use across our operations
- Cleaned more than 5 miles of the Illiois River through the sponsorship of Living Lands & Waters
- Ottumwa, Iowa, a Pork facility received the EPA Region 7 Pollution Prevention Award through their efforts to reduce environmental impacts upstream.
- 98-100% – scores achieved on external animal welfare audits
- 1% – U.S. beef production facilities’ Animal Welfare Index score, surpassing our goal
- 6% – U.S. pork production facilities’ Animal Welfare Index score, surpassing our goal
Our view of sustainability is guided by our mission to be the best in all that we do while securing the opportunity for a brighter future for our team members, our shareholders, our suppliers, our customers and the next generation.
For more information on our approach to sustainability, visit our website at https://sustainability.jbssa.com/